Gardening is a delightful hobby however there are a few Garden Hazards any gardener should take heed of to avoid injury:
- Thorns and spikes on plants that could damage eyes and tender feet.
- Poisonous plant sap, flowers and berries.
- Exposed tree roots that cone could trip over.
- Chipped or uneven pavers.
- The sharp top ends of tree stakes. The best is to cover them with a cork.
- Unprotected bodies of water like bird baths, ponds and water features for small children.
- Slippery paving and mossy soil in shaded areas.
- Gardening tools (especially hard rakes) that have not been packed away are particularly hazardous.